DO NOT get a massage if:
any of the following symptoms or conditions apply to you, it is best to delay scheduling your appointment (or re-scheduling it if you have already made an appointment), until your symptoms have cleared and/or your primary care physician has given approval for you to receive massage.
- Fever within 24 to 48 hours of your appointment.
- Cold or Flu symptoms; please wait a minimum of three days after the last symptoms have subsided before scheduling/re-scheduling.
- All contagious infections such as pink eye, ringworm, and other contagious skin conditions.
- If, within the past 72 hours, you have sustained a serious sprain, strain, whiplash, or have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, sports accident, or other traumatic accident UNLESS you have been seen and assessed by a physician, have had x-rays (and or an MRI or CT Scan), and have been cleared to receive therapeutic massage.
- Lyme Disease - please wait until you have completed your antibiotic regimen to schedule your appointment.
- Recent Surgery – please seek your doctor’s advice as to when you should begin or resume massage after surgery.
- Shingles - please wait until all symptoms have subsided and you have completed your prescription drug regimen for this condition.
- If you have been drinking alcohol – please avoid consuming alcohol on the day of your appointment.
- If you are taking prescription pain medications – please seek your doctor’s approval prior to scheduling a massage.
There are other acute and chronic conditions for which massage might be contra-indicated. If you are unsure, please speak with your therapist prior to scheduling an appointment, or check with your doctor to be sure therapeutic massage is right for you.
Office Phone Number: 860-429-8106