After your massage
- Drink at least 32-40 ounces of plain, cool water during the 24 hours after your session. This helps your body flush toxins, as well as reduce day-after soreness that some people may experience.
- Enjoy a light meal an hour or so after your massage; ease yourself back into your day.
- Relax for at least 30 minutes if at all possible; let your mind and body reap the many benefits massage has to offer.
- Schedule regular sessions so that the physical and mental stressors of life that adversely affect your health do not become unmanageable.
- At each session, be sure to update your therapist if there have been any changes in your health since your previous visit.